- Francesca Llopis creative universe developed from the early 1980s through different techniques and formats, from painting and design to installation, photography, and video editing and editing in different media.
- She was born in Barcelona where she lives at present. She enrolled at Escola Eina to study painting and the poetics of space. 1981 shaded her 1st artist residency i Palatz Culturi in Warsaw where the foreseeable coup d’etat transforms her pictorial world. This was the turning point where the “journey” became a central element in her artistic process. The exhibitions HISTORIA D’UNA TEMPTACIÓ at Meda MOTHI in Montpellier, BARCELONA TRASBALSADA, ELS DIDS GÈLITS in Barcelona and TRÁFICO DE EFECTOS in Madrid situated her within the Neo-expressionist Movement of the 1980’s.
- In 1988, residency in the Académia di Roma and l’Écolle des Beaux Arts de Nimes. Arnau Puig defines her painting as «semanticized constructivism” mainly due to the recurrence of cavities in her art. 6.8.89 TIANANMENT was 1rst intervention in the public space of Hospitalet in Barcelona, where she dug a ditch as a tribute to the Chinese students, with the collaboration of sound artist Barbara Held.
- 1999 she created the installation MAL.LALTES D’AMOR in Lübeck (Germany) evoking organic holes in space.
- 2002 she presented her first video installation 2 HABITACIONS AMB VISTES, a social portrait of Barcelona. 2004 she makes the video installation ETC, a reflection on the absence of women artists in the history of art in FUNDACION SAURA, CUENCA.
- 2015 she participates in the NOSEDEN Biennale, Japan, with DEALERS OF MEMORY, with the video installation MEMÒRIA PER UN ICEBERG as an archaeologist of the future and the installation LLIBRE DE LLÀGRIMES (the book of tears). 2016 at the show SakaiArtePorto, Japan, she did the performance TRACTION ACTION triggered by the need to bring the human kind and the Universe together, the installation LLUM! In the Montjïc Castel in Barcelona, Spain.
- 2018 INSEKTAMENT ERRANTS in the gallery J. Naranjo. «AJARDINA’T» at the Picasso Museum as part of BIGDRAW and » MEDITERRANEAN GARDEN «(video monograph) at the Lumen gallery in Kyoto.
2019 participates in the LLUMbarcelona festival with the video installation «AND YOU, WHAT WOULD YOU PUT UNDER THE FOCUS?.
- 2020 INFILTRACIÓ at the Calders Bookshop, Barcelona and installs all his workbooks, an act of poetic exhibitionism of the artist’s life. She is currently working on inks and video with a new project at LA RICARDA’s house in El Prat de Llobregat.
- Always interested in publishing, she was part of ARTICS magazine and between 1996-2020 she publishes the artist books EMBOLIC MAGNÍFIC, DUC UNA CIUTAT AL CAP, DUC UN CUC AL CAP, GOTESCAUEN, SECRETS, INFILTRADA, etc